You Can Save the Lives of Homeless Animals!
- Celebrate your birthday, wedding, retirement, graduation or any other event by collecting donations in lieu of gifts.
- Honor a loved one or a pet by asking for donations in their name.
- Create a fundraiser at your workplace, school or community.
Looking to brainstorm a new way to raise money for Animalkind?
These are some event ideas supporters have used in the past:
- Ask your favorite restaurant or local pub to exhibit a jar for donations.
Decorate it with pictures of AnimalKind's kitties.
- In lieu of giving favor at a wedding, birthday party or similar event, let guests know you’ve made a donation to AnimalKind in their name.
- Ask your hair stylist to host a haircut-a-thon, where he/she accepts donations for AnimalKind in lieu of payment.
- Offer your services shoveling snow, mowing grass, running errands, etc., in exchange for donations.
- Get permission to set up a table in front of your grocery store for donations.
- Get your kids or neighbors involved .
- Ask friends and neighbors to donate items to sell. Make signs indicating that all proceeds are going to AnimalKind.
Throw a fundraising party at a local establishment, such as a restaurant or bar. Charge your guests an entrance fee as a donation. Ask the business to add donation of 10% of the night’s sales. You can offer to generate a flyer to promote the event.
- Hold a party for 10 of your friends with a donation of $50 a person. Request donations from local businesses to cover cost.
- Have a fun birthday party for your pet or a friend’s pet. Serve dog biscuits and ask donations at door.
- Ask friends and family to donate things for you to sell on the Internet. Make sure to let bidders know that the item’s selling price is going to AnimalKind.
- Ask your child’s school to hold a "Loose Change Day". Circulate flyer encouraging each child to bring in loose change to donate. Encourage math classes to assist with counting and rolling the change.
DONATE YOUR BIRTHDAY to AnimalKind: The best gift is the gift of life for animals in need!