Volunteer at the shelter. Whether you can spend 2 hours a week or 24 hours a week, we need you!
- Morning Hours(8 -12): Cleaning the adoption center, vet trips, trapping
- Afternoon Hours (12-4): help with brushing kitties, cleaning ears, petting rescues, etc.
- General: mailing, fundraising, foster caring
- Foster-care cats and kittens: Foster homes and care are needed for cats and kittens while Animalkind seeks purr-fect adoptive homes.We will provide you with food and will be in constant contact with you. As we sometimes have unusually high numbers of cats come to us all at once (as in the case of a fire or other disaster), we are sometimes overwhelmed and in sudden need of “foster parents.”
- Caretaker: Currently we are feeding 180 cats in 15 managed colonies. We have several caretakers who visit the colonies on a daily base to feed and monitor the cats for newcomers or cats who need medical attention. If you are interested in being a caretaker, contact us.
- Trapper: The demand for our trap/neuter/ return service is growinf and we need trappers who can respond to a situation and will trap the cats as well as transport them to and form one of our veterinarians. Our traps are humane and effective and have NO springs.
- Public Relations: We need people who can offer computer skills and some spare time for public relations, advertising, design, creating food-boxes, newsletters, mailings, grant research and writing, fund raising, etc.
- Carpenters: To build shelters for cats in the winter.
If you are interested, please contact us at: (518) 822-8643 or CLICK HERE